Sunday, December 18, 2011

Making Christmas Cookies

We had so much fun making cookies last week. I even got Josh involved. 


Well first, let me show you the aprons I made for the girls. I actually didn't make them I appliqued the girls names on some old aprons that were from my first serving job when I was 18. I don't know why I kept them but I am glad I did. I used scrap fabric from all the Christmas dresses I made.
Sk modeling it for me!

Al modeling hers. She was being naughty playing on the table.

 Here is Josh helping Al cut out her cookies. She used the snowman cookie cutter! She tried to eat the dough a couple of times but we stopped her.

 Sk used the gingerbread man cookie cutter. We just used our table as you can see.
 Sk picked up on cutting out cookies really quickly.
 We ended up having so much more fun than I expected. I really didn't think they would get it but they did.
 There were quite a few half snowmen and half gingerbread men but they were adorable.
 We are going to make some more on Christmas Eve for Santa Claus.
 I will make sure to get a picture of the finished product next time. I got side tracked and forgot to take one.
 They had flour all over themselves when we were finished.
This was def one of my favorite holiday festivities we've done this year.

I am so amazed at all the things the girls are doing now. They learn so quickly. Lately they have been so helpful too. They know how to put their books up on the shelf and they help me pick up their toys. 

They have been talking a lot lately. They say so many words now. Al says tree and points to the tree. She says Sophie and sissy. She says Josh ha ha! She heard me calling him one day and she copied me. My favorite thing she says is "Hi Da!" She loves her daddy. Those are just a few of the things.

Sk has been talking a lot too. She says ball or sometimes it's "ball-ba" haha! She says eye and usually points to her eye but sometimes points to her ear. Every morning I wake up to "Uh oh" in the baby monitor. That's her favorite thing to say. When I get her out of her crib in the mornings she runs to our room and peeps her head in and says "Da" looking for her daddy. 

I love watching my baby girls growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment